Quick Chicken Lasagne
This is one of my favourite recipes. I have adapted it some what over time but it is a sure hit every time! I constantly have friends asking me for the recipe.
500g chicken breast, thinly sliced
375g pasta sauce
250g instant lasagne sheets (use wholemeal if you can get them to increase the fibre content)
100g button mushrooms, sliced
A couple of handfuls of baby spinach
250g ricotta cheese (if you don't have ricotta use cottage cheese and just blend it until smooth)
200g plain yoghurt
2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
pinch of nutmeg
2 eggs, lightly beaten
NOTE: If you find you have enough mixture for another layer just repeat steps 4 and 5. You can adapt as you go.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Grease a baking dish or lasagne dish.
- Spread a thin layer of sauce in the base of the dish, cover with lasagne sheets.
- Do another layer of pasta sauce, then a layer of the thinly sliced chicken breast & cover with sliced mushrooms and baby spinach.
- Cover with another layer of lasagne sheets.
- Mix together all the topping ingredients, and spread over the lasagne.
- Grate a little extra parmesan over the surface.
- Place in oven and bake for approximately 40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
Serve with a salad or some steamed vegies....hmmmm....yummy!
See our other recipes here.