At Yum Yum kids we are proudly “going green”. Our goal is to become a more environmentally friendly business across all that we do.
Since we began trading in April of this year, we have been conscious of how our business activity effects the environment. As an internet based business, we typically use less resources than that of our retail counterparts. On the other hand we are heavily reliant on couriers and international freight companies to bring you the latest innovative products from all around the world.
To this end we want to do our bit to offset that requirement, and make our business as environmentally friendly as possible.
Yum Yum Kids are implementing a wide variety of changes including:
1. Working with suppliers to continually source environmentally friendly products, and minimise product packaging
2. Making environmental considerations a factor when we purchase stock, placing larger orders less frequently for example
3. Recycling all paper including paper waste, cardboard, packaging and box fillers
4. Use electronic invoicing where possible to save paper
5. Installing Energy efficient light bulbs throughout our business
6. Not using air conditioning
7. Turning off all lighting, computers etc at the end of the day
What does this mean for you as a customer?
We will no longer wrap your items in tissue unless you specifically request this
We will continue to only gift wrap only on request
We will (where possible) use eco friendly courier products for example - eco track packs
We will not print customer e-mails, nor include shipping statements, these will be e-mailed to you instead
We will use electronic communication where possible for all newsletters and customer correspondence
These changes will come into effect on Monday the 24th of November.
We trust that you will give us your full support while we make these changes, and in doing so acknowledge our efforts toward becoming a more environmentally responsible business.
At all times we welcome your feedback.
Regards the team at Yum Yum Kids.